Friday 27 November 2009

Dissertation

The dissertation is almost done!!!!!!! Just some revisions and then I can get some sleep!!!!
As I am re-reading the paper though I am wondering what other people might think about the topic....
I am writing my dissertation on Costume and Community and using Star Wars and Fandom as my case studies, and stating whether dress and costume can create/enforce a community (I believe it can and does). However, within this discussion I am using the fundamentals of ethnic grouping as my definition of community. Stating that there are common visual/physical signifiers and features (which is the area I am focusing on mostly because of dress) as well as kinship and devotion (like religion or worship) that bring a community together.
What is your opinion on what brings a community or group together? Do you think it can be costume/fashion/dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment